Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Faker.

There's this lady that gets on my bus a lot. She is older, but not old by any means, maybe 50. She walks with a cane, she appears very feeble, moves very slowly. She always demands that the bus driver lower the bus as she gets on and off, because she has a lot of difficulty walking, and she makes quite a show about it.

I hesitate to call her a crack head, but yeah, I think she is. She is constantly talking to everyone on the bus, and doing very invasive things. The other day, this young lady sat near her. She reached out and began stroking the girl's hat, and said, "Oh can I touch your hat? Oh it is just so beautiful! So beautiful!"

She did it to me, I was putting my bus pass back in my wallet, and she grabbed it, and told me how beautiful it was, and how she wanted one just like it. Then she talked really loud and asked me a gazillion questions and eventually the whole bus knew my life story.

Thankfully she forgot me, but she still pulls this song and dance every time she gets on the bus.

She was so involved with her conversation with another random lady today that she nearly missed her stop. She started screaming, "Where are we? Where are we? Is this Central Street?" Eventually someone told her it was, and lo and behold, she took off like lightning!

This feeble woman lifted up her cane, and RAN right to the front of the bus. Then I think she realized the gig was up, so she put the cane back down, and demanded the driver lower the bus, so she could get off safely....because she has so much trouble walking.

But apparently not much trouble sprinting.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow thats insane! Sounds like you have interesting times on the bus.

    ReplyDelete