Friday, November 14, 2008

Boston RANT Part 2 (or Me, Whining, Part One Million)

I will probably regret writing all of this later, and laugh at myself, but I am very fed up and frustrated with Boston today, or maybe just with my life!

1. I forgot my coffee this morning.

2. When I got to the train station, I was in such a rush to get on the train, that I left behind my most wonderous fantastic fabulous umbrella that I spent years researching and locating.

3. When I got on the green line, the train was wonky, and it scared me half to death. Every time we stopped, all the power went out, and the train went dead. I was scared, but not of dying in the tunnel.

4. What I was scared of was getting reprimanded by the asshole shuttle drivers! One day I was 10 minutes late, and they sat there and told me they couldn't take me for 45 more minutes, to punish me for being late. It isn't a super fancy shuttle, it is just a Yellow Cab, so they can take you the four miles whenever they want. And they get paid whether or not I show. So they got paid for the 7:00 that they refused to take me on, and then they got paid again when they finally took me 45 minutes later, after I learned my lesson and shook in my boots a bit. Then I forgot to cancel one day, and they yelled at me like I was an idiot. So I was scared to deal with them, not that my train would stall and I would have to walk the underground tunnels with the rats! Because that would actually be fun! So I called to say I would be 15 minutes late. But I wasn't, I was right on time. And who would have thought -- they made me wait 15 minutes, more punishment.

5. After work, when I got back to the train station, I asked the train-type guy at the important looking booth thing if they had found any umbrellas today, because I am in mad love with my umbrella, and really, really upset about it. He laughed at me, laughed! Then he pretended to look around, very sarcastically, laughing, saying, "Nope, no umbrella here!"

6. When I finally got home, soaking wet, with pneumonia, literally (well, maybe, that hasn't been confirmed yet), my coffee was smelling up the whole house. I don't know how it got rancid so fast, must have been the massive amounts of soy milk I put in it, plus the fact that I keep the heat at 90 degrees. In any case, I dumped it down the drain.

7. Drain is now officially clogged.

8. No effing idea where to buy Drain-O (see previous post).

1 comment: