Sunday, November 9, 2008

Assing it up at Dunkin Donuts



Everyone here gets their coffee at Dunkin Donuts. Apparently no one actually buys donuts there, just coffee. There is one by me, but it is a long hike. I decided to make the hike, pre-burn the calories, and go.

I stood in the back of the place carefully reading the menu so I wouldn't make an ass of myself, and hold the line up.

I got to the cashier guy and ordered a large iced coffee with raspberry.

So he said, "How do you like it?"

Me: "Uhh...coffee, raspberry, and ice?" I did kind of say it with a nasty Dallas bitch smirk, because, I mean, isn't that what I ordered? Iced coffee with raspberry? Seemed very self-explanatory to me.

Him: "Ok but how do you like it?"

Me: "Coffee, raspberry, and ice."

Him: "But how do you like it?"

I was completely not getting this. Was there a secret Dunkin Donuts phrase I didn't know? Coffee, raspberry, ice -- how hard could it be?

Me: "Coffeeraspberryice!"

Him: "But how do you like it?"

Me: "Coffeeraspberryice!"

Him, talking slower, as if I am mentally challenged and can't understand what he is saying: "BUT... HOW... DO... YOU... LIKE... IT?"

Me: "Sir, I'm sorry, I have no idea what you are asking me."

Him: "How do you like it?"

Me: "Ok, what the hell does that mean? I like coffee, raspberry, and ice. I have no idea what you are asking me. What do you mean?"

Him: "Black? Cream and sugar?"

So, that could have been resolved much earlier had he just explained it to me, and I still ended up making an ass of myself. I can never go back there again! Put that on my x list!

2 comments:

  1. You make me laugh! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my GOD that is so funny....ad that store to your list. I can't believe you've only been there a week and you have a no-go list already!
    Nana Sweetie

    ReplyDelete