Saturday, November 8, 2008

Boston RANT!

Ok, time for my first official Boston rant. I love it here, I really do, and it could just be because I'm so sick I can hardly breathe, or I'm worried about Mogs possibly being infected, or that I'm just in a really bad mood for whatever reason, but this place is SO inconvenient.

I really love that there are so many mom-and-pop places, and that chain stores pretty much just do not exist where I live. I love that. Everything is so quaint and nice, and interesting, and everything has character, fantastic, wonderful, every town should be like this.

But seriously, I need some nail polish remover, mascara, a bolt, and hair dye (I'm going big this time, no semi-permanent like last time).

WHERE THE HELL IS IT?

Grocery stores don't have any of it, the two grocery stores that I have found. Where the hell do I get this stuff?

Ok, I know there are many CVS stores, and many Walgreens in this town, because I have seen them. But now that I need them, I have no freaking idea whatsoever where they are. And a hardware store? What the hell? Where are those?

And people will say, oh there's one over by Davis Square...great, where the hell is that, how do I get there, and how come when I get there I can't see it?

WHY is this SO DIFFICULT?

Please, the nail polish on my toes looks so terrible that it makes people weep, and without mascara I look like an albino, and my hair color is lowering my self esteem, my bed needs a bolt before it falls apart, and I need help. Please, someone, help me!!

And I need an effing stamp. WHERE are the EFFING STAMPS?!? In Texas they come out of the ATM, or there are machines around town, or grocery stores have them. NOT HERE.

But I did see this tree at City Hall, and yeah, I guess I can put up with not being able to find a single goddamn thing if I can see trees like this every year.

(Oh, and forget about beer! Good luck finding that! You think liquor laws in Texas are bad?!?)



2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh that is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jools,
    Once again you amaze me. First, I miss our conversations, you tell a great story. I am now even more so impressed with your writing capabilities. You really should write a book. Hang in there and I love the blog!

    ReplyDelete