Sunday, March 22, 2009

Trolleys and Chicken. Yum.

Today I had the best Market Basket trip ever. Why? Because now that the snow has melted, I could break out my new shopping trolley and buy proper, heavy-type groceries!



That is what it looks like. A little odd, but it made climbing that huge hill with 50lbs of groceries suddenly bearable.

Overstock has all different kinds, like these, these, and these.

It was full to the top when I was done shopping:



It is really deep, so you can fit a lot of everything, and it is insulated a bit since it is canvas, so your food won't thaw right away:



Everyone in Boston needs one. For a mere $26, you will save $1,000,000 on cab fare in the years you live here, and you will save an incalculable amount of sanity.

And yes, those are Swiss Cake Rolls, and I'm not ashamed. They taste SO good.

I bought everything to make chicken parmesan, but not the super fancy, super good Meg-type way. But it is better than the super lazy way (buying it from Mike's and bringing it home).

The problem is I don't have proper cookware. All I had were three teeny tiny frying pans that were discarded when Nana bought all her fancy stuff years ago.

Consequently, I had to cook one breast in each pan. Bizarre! But I needed enough food to last the whole week.



So that's what it looks like when *I* cook chicken parmesan!!! And yes, the stove is filthy. It was like that when I moved in. Anyone know how to properly clean a stove that hasn't been cleaned since approximately 1920?

And thanks to Nakes and Papa for the help with the chicken parmesan! I just wish I would have remembered to buy parmesan. Chicken parmesan sans parmesan. Oh well.

1 comment:

  1. You are too funny...love the grocery bag! Awesome! Have you tried soft scrub and a brillo pad on the stove? Is that deosn't work, Comet usually takes just about anything off. Wet the surface (like wipe it with a wet rag), sprinkle Comet on, let it sit for 5-10 minutes, then scrub it off. It's taken red wine out of our white countertops!

    ReplyDelete