Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Way to a Woman's Heart...

...is through Battery Mart.

I came home after a very, very hellish day to see from the corner there was yet ANOTHER note taped to my door! I'm sure you all remember the prior anonymous note fiasco. So from the corner to my door I was wracking my brain, "What did I do this time?!? Who could I have possibly offended?" I was furious.

As I got closer, I saw it was a delivery sticker. Then I got even MORE furious, because I had specifically told the shipper of said item to make 100% sure no signature was required.

Then I got up close, and saw this:



Such an amazing delivery person! He/she was clearly concerned about leaving it, as my porch is wide open, so he/she secretly hid it around the corner so no one would steal it! BEST DELIVERY DRIVER EVER! I wish I knew who it was, I would send him/her chocolate oranges, even if he/she did get my name wrong on the form. I am neither "Dias" nor "Russel." Oh well. There was no denying it, though, the package was mine! All mine!

Dun dun dun!!! Here is the package. I was so excited, I had to take a photo.



So excited!!! So close to happiness!!! Just moments away!



Who knew happiness was SO heavy? It took me forever to get the package undone. But here it is!!! In all its glory! My happiness, and it only cost $93 including shipping!



Isn't it gorgeous? Isn't it lovely? I cried a tear. I really did. This is going to change my life! Suck it MBTA!

*Side note, Battery Mart is amazing. Everyone should shop there. Not only did they call to verify my identity and that I wasn't using a stolen card, they were extremely nice and courteous about it. Some red flags had popped up with the move and all. Then they packed this battery so carefully, and it arrived within two days of when they sent it. Plus, it was the exact battery I needed. Auto Zone had one that wasn't the one I needed (not AGM, and if you trunk mount a non-AGM battery your car will explode), but they said it was (but wouldn't agree to pay damages if my car exploded), and it was well over $100. Thank you Battery Mart!!

Thankfully I had gone to the hardware store and got these items, in line with Bob's very clear instructions. Bob has been very, very instrumental in me achieving my happiness, and I thank him profusely:



The last items I need to complete my project. In just a day or so's time, I will have a working automobile, and can drive to work, and avoid the heartbreak of my daily train ride.

Only one thing is missing.



I need a mumu.

2 comments: