Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Secret Photos.

There are two people that I want to get photos of, for all of you to see.

1. The Rascal. Need I say more?

2. Scratch off guy.

My house is the last on the street, the only thing closer to the corner is a little market. There is a very odd man who goes into the store, buys a bunch of scratch off tickets, and walks in front of my house to scratch them off. He huddles over the city garbage can, and scratches furiously. I am not talking about one ticket, I am talking about tens and tens and tens of tickets at a time.

It is really bizarre, because he is trying desperately to hide his scratching. When I walk by, he sort of perks his head up, and covers up the tickets, and tries to look around and act casual.

There isn't anything casual about a guy hanging out, staring into the garbage can.

He scratches and scratches, and goes back in for more. And hides behind the building at the trash can, and scratches more and more.

Sometimes I miss him, but I see the aftermath. He never puts the tickets into the trash can, he leaves them on the ledge. Why does he do that?

He tries to hide the act, so why not hide the evidence also?

I don't think he ever wins. I wonder if you can be addicted to scratch offs.

Or to a Rascal.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this post! You’re the “observer,” it’s great! Who knows maybe after school I will do some traveling your way and you can show me some of these beautiful places you have taken photos of.

    ReplyDelete