Sunday, December 7, 2008

Another Photo Dump

Meg and I went on an adventure to New Hampshire to break the law by buying alcohol and cigarettes and avoiding the Mass state tax. Don't tell on us!

As soon as you cross the border into NH, they have these State-run liquor stores. Liquor is cheaper at these stores than in Mexico -- a gallon of Bacardi for $19!



And cigarettes were $42 a carton, which is pretty much exactly the same as Dallas prices. So, for just a tiny bit of gas (it is about an hour away), you can save $30 on a carton. I am doing this every payday!



Those are the lights at City Hall, just wanted to take a photo, so pretty! It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

Here is a really short video of the snow falling on my car, it is snowing today!! Thankfully I am parked on the odd side of the street, so if they decide to declare a "snow emergency" I won't get towed...or will I? Still haven't paid that parking ticket!



So it is snowing, and this is the temp in my house, my heat is out. Yahoo! No heat, snowing outside. Thankfully the landlord fixed it. He is a really nice guy, met him today for the first time. Can you see the red stuck at 55? That was an HOUR after I started up the space heaters I had to frantically buy at Target. Which meant driving in the snow, for the first time ever.



But I got to wear my new snow boots, which was really fun.

But then I blew the fuses with my new space heaters, and had no power.

So, no heat, no power, snowing -- fun times!

2 comments:

  1. I love your photo blogs! Cheaper alcohol is the best. I dont smoke anymore but thats definitely a good price on cigarettes. And man you should see the snow we got here. LOL And you just moved to a snowing state and you have boots. I dont even have any!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please, please, please pay your parking tickets, so you don't end up on Parking Wars! I know that's filmed in Philly! I watched a marathon the other day and was laughing my butt off! People are so stupid! Yay for the snow boots! I have seen more and more people here wearing leggings as pants now too! I smile to myself and think of you every time!

    ReplyDelete